Monday 16 April 2012

Lush - American Cream Review


I used this conditioner a while ago and decided that I should do a review on it. I had wanted to try a conditioner from Lush since I had switched over to using a shampoo bar from there. I done a bit of research online and on the website before deciding which conditioner would be the best for me, and 'American Cream' came out on top.

My first impression on using this was that it was quite hard to get out of the bottle, I had to squeeze it and shake it quite hard, and even then only a little bit came out at a time. When putting conditioner in my hair I normally put a decent sized amount in my hand and then rub it through the ends, then rub the excess through the rest of my hair. I done this for the first use and then washed it out. After drying my hair and waking up the next morning I found that my hair seemed to feel a bit greasy already and quite heavy. This wasn't what I wanted at all, and it made me feel like I needed to wash my hair. I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt and try it again.

On my next use I decided to try using only one little drop to see if it would be any better. I rubbed it through the ends of my hair, and only the slightest amount through the rest. Once again, after rinising it out and drying my hair, it still left it feeling greasy and like it needed washed. This irritated me since I had loved how my Karma shampoo bar gave me an extra day out of my hair, and this conditioner was stopping this.

I decided to try it one more time. This time I used a little drop again, and instead of putting it through the rest of my hair, I only put it on the ends. When I washed it out and dried my hair, it didn't feel greasy this time. However, I felt like my hair looked quite dull and didn't feel soft at all. I have quite dry hair so I need a good conditioner and I need to put it through my whole hair, not just the ends.

On top of the fact that it didn't work like I thought it would, the scent was quite disappointing as well. I don't know if it was because I was using quite a strong scented shampoo bar, but I felt like this didn't have the vanilla/strawberry scent that the website told me it would have.

Pros :

  • I got the smallest bottle since it was my first time using it, and I liked that this was a good size to take with me if I was travelling.
Cons :

  • Felt too heavy on my hair.
  • No scent as promised.
  • Left hair feeling either too greasy, or as if it had done nothing.

All in all, quite obviously I wouldn't purchase this conditioner again. It did nothing for my hair, and as of now, is the only product from Lush that I wouldn't be buying it again. My next purchase is going to be the 'Jungle' conditioner bar. I'll review it as soon as I've tried it a few times!

1 comment:

  1. I love this product. Great post! Would you like to keep in touch? Check out my blog! XOXO Niki

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave any comments or feedback below. I'll always reply, so ask any questions you'd like and I'll give you an answer! :)