Friday 27 April 2012

Lush - Porridge Soap Review




I bought this soap around 2 months ago and I'm still using it now. I absolutely love the soap from Lush and I love how you can choose which size you want and how it's wrapped all nicely. I got just over 100g of this bar of soap after hearing a few people talk about it online and hearing it mentioned in some YouTube videos. I'm not normally a fan of the really grainy soaps from Lush, and usually go for the real sweet scented ones such as Rockstar and Honey I washed the kids. I had looked at it the past few times I'd been in and decided I would give it a try. It said to run it under the water for a few seconds before rubbing into your skin. It's a really creamy texture so you really feel like it's giving you a good wash which I love. The little grains also are really exfoliating so it's a bit of a two in one. I absolutely adore the smell of this soap and can't stop talking about it to everyone so that's definitely a plus for me. Unlike the non creamy soap bars from Lush, this soap shrinks a bit faster. I have about half of this bar left as of right now, but I have been going between it and my Snowfairy shower gel that I have left over from the Christmas sale in Lush.

Really easy to use, just run it under the water for a few seconds, and rub it over your skin. I find that I use the grainiest parts on my arms and legs, and then I'll look for a softer, less grainy side for the rest of my skin. A few people tend to cut off slices of the soap to bring into the shower with them, but I feel like that's a bit of a waste as whatever is left would be too small to use again, so I bring the whole bar with me. I then pat it dry with a towel when I get out of the shower, and then wrap it back up in the paper again.

Pros

  • Really strong, gorgeous smell. (I don't think it really smells like porridge)
  • Inexpensive (compared to the other soaps from Lush). Only £2.95 per 100g
  • Can also be used to exfoliate.
  • Creamy texture for that nice clean feeling.
Cons

  • The grains from the soap to tend to come out very easily when using, so this could clog your shower.
  • Despite the fact that it's good as exfoliating, the grains can sometimes be slightly sore rubbing on your skin!
All in all, this has probably became my favourite soap from Lush, even if I have listed 2 cons for it. I love the packaging that Lush use, and I love that I can wrap it back up to use it again next time I get a shower. Really love the scent of this so much and will definitely be purchasing again when this one is done.


1 comment:

  1. Out of all the Lush soaps this is the one I am most drawn to. Admittedly I'm more of a shower gel person so never purchased a soap but given the rate I'm trying Lush products at I think it's likely I'll be looking to buy a soap soon!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave any comments or feedback below. I'll always reply, so ask any questions you'd like and I'll give you an answer! :)