Friday 22 June 2012

Lush - Jungle Solid Conditioner Bar Review


So I posted around a month ago that I was intending to do a review on the Jungle solid conditioner bar from Lush. I'm finally getting around to doing it now as I haven't really had the time! I had purchased it thinking that it would work quite similarly to the solid shampoo bars, but they're actually used slightly differently.

To use the bar I have found the best thing to do is run it under the warm water for a minute so that it starts to melt slightly. I then rub it through the ends of my hair like a bar of soap, please note that not a lot comes off when doing this, I just like to do it anyway. I then put the bar into my hands and rub it between them about 20 times, turning it over each time. This way the conditioner comes off in my hands like a liquid because it's starting to melt. This should leave the equivalent to conditioner from a bottle in your hands. I then rub it through the ends of my hair, and then the excess over the top of my head. You can rub it between your hands as many times as you want, it really is just up to you how much you want to put in your hair. The girl in the shop told me that the way she uses it is to cut a small piece off and put it in a small bowl of hot water before she gets into the shower so that it melts into that, I prefer it my way however, but that's just personal preference.

I have to say that every single time I use this conditioner bar I think I don't like it as it washes out just too easily for me and I feel like it hasn't worked, and every single time I think to myself that I'm not going to use it again. However, as soon as I wash my hair it is super soft and shiny and I know that it works very well.

Pros:
  • Better for the environment since you aren't using any plastic bottles.
  • Leaves my hair feeling surprisingly soft and shiny, better than other conditioners I've used.
  • Really easy to use when travelling.
  • Lasts around 2 months depending on how often you wash your hair.
  • Inexpensive (cost me £2.95 for the bar)
  • Nice fresh scent.
  • Lasts a long time, half way through my bar a month later.

Cons:
  • I find it hard to store as I usually keep it in the bag, but it sticks to the paper easily and tears it.
All in all, I'll definitely be buying it again. At only £2.95 for the bar, it's almost cheaper than a regular bottle of conditioner, and I think that it lasts a lot longer. I've been using it for a month now and I still have about half of it left. It leaves my hair feeling really soft and it smells good too. Another successful purchase at Lush!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave any comments or feedback below. I'll always reply, so ask any questions you'd like and I'll give you an answer! :)