Friday 13 July 2012

Lush - Oatifix Fresh Face Mask Review


I mentioned to you all a few posts ago that I had got a free sample of the Oatifix Fresh Face Mask from Lush during one of my visits and that I would do a review on it. Above is a photograph of how it looks in the sample tub.

Firstly I would like to say that you should not be fooled by the small size of this tub, it actually lasted me about 4 times, and they gave me two tubs! I had asked the sales assistant which mask she would recommend for my skin type, which is sensitive and quite dry. She suggested this one or Cosmetic Warrior, but I couldn't quite bring myself to put garlic on my face.

Very easy to apply, firstly I applied my Full of Grace moisturiser from Lush (review coming soon), as this was recommended online. I then took a small amount at a time and applied it to my face. This one is quite crumbly so I found that it kept falling of my face and that you couldn't really go over the same area twice. I then let it sit on my face for 10-15 minutes as I wasn't exactly sure how long you were supposed to, and then I rinsed it off with cold water.

My skin felt soft and clean afterwards which I liked, but I don't feel like it made any real difference to my skin, it was pretty much just the same the next morning when I woke up.

Pros :
  • Lots of product in the sample amount
  • Smells nice, quite sweet.
  • Leaves skin feeling soft.
  • Easy to apply.
  • Tastes nice (according to my sister).
Cons :
  • Quite messy as it falls of your face if you aren't careful.
  • Not the most attractive thing to put on your face.
  • Didn't give any long term effects on my skin.
I haven't used face masks in years, but wanted to try one from Lush as I had heard good things about them, but I wasn't overly impressed by this one as I felt like it didn't make a difference. I would like to try another one to see if it works any better for me, possibly Cupcake as it is their most popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave any comments or feedback below. I'll always reply, so ask any questions you'd like and I'll give you an answer! :)